- Mission Centric: Wining ministry clarify and enhance your church’s mission.
- Measurable: If it cannot be measured, it cannot be a ministry goal.
- Specify: Grow our small group ministry attendance by 15% year over year is much better goals because it is specific; you will know if you hit it or not.
- Performance based: Measurable and specific ministry goals will not be reached if they are not performance driven. Every person on your team from the board to pastor to the staff to the volunteer must understand that their unique participation and performance Is foundational to the mutual accomplishment of ministry goals.
- Temporary: Ministry goals are benchmarks that should be designed to be surpassed part of their measurability and specificity to be a timeline and a deadline. Once these are passed, you need to evaluate and reset the goals for a new timeline and deadline.